Earle Family Scholarships and Travel Fellowships
The Earle family supports three awards established for study and travel in technology and/or engineering:
The Earle Travel Fellowships in Technology - for young food technologists and professional engineers
This Fellowship, worth up to $10,000, is intended to help recipients with study or gain
practical experience overseas in either product development and
innovation management, or process development in bioprocessing or food
processing. The Fellowship is normally offered once in each two-year period.
One Fellowship will be awarded up to $10,000. The amount may be increased to $15,000 under special circumstances. The Fellowship can be used in conjunction with other awards but account will be taken of individual circumstances. Fellows will be overseas for a maximum of three months within 12 months of the award. They must agree to return to New Zealand and work for at least one year in New Zealand.
Fellowship eligibility and judging criteria
Applicants must be:
- Under 40 years of age
- Employed in one of New Zealand's technological industries (products or services), or an associated research organisation
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents with at least three years' proven residence immediately preceding the year of selection
- Professional members of either IPENZ or the New Zealand Institute of Food Science and Technology.
The Fellowship Committee will assess the application for:
- Practical relevance of the proposed trip to New Zealand technological industries (products or services)
- Possible outcomes of the trip for innovative technologies and exports
- Company/research organisation support for the trip
- The candidate's ability and previous experience
- Creativity and innovative ability shown by the candidate.
Download the Earle Travel Fellowhsip Application Form (pdf)
Contact the IPENZ Director of Operations for all enquiries.
First year undergraduate and Postgraduate Technology Scholarships supported by IPENZ
Edna Waddell Undergraduate Scholarships for Women in Technology and Engineering
These scholarships are intended for women entering their first year of
full-time study for an undergraduate degree in engineering and technology at a New Zealand
Edna Waddell Undergraduate Scholarships
The Dick and Mary Earle Postgraduate Scholarship in Technology
This postgraduate scholarship is for a Master's or Doctorate degree at a New Zealand university or research institution in the fields of innovation and product development, and/or bioprocess technology.
Dick and Mary Earle Postgraduate Scholarship